SNMC Alhuda Islamic School is seeking an Islamic Studies Special Education teacher to work with students who have learning, mental, emotional, or physical disabilities. They develop and implement individualized education programs (IEPs) to meet the unique needs of each student. Special education teachers also collaborate with general education teachers, principal, parents, and other professionals to create a supportive learning environment for all students, while maintaining our Islamic values and traditions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement student IEPs that provide a specialized Islamic Studies curriculum that meets the students’ needs.
- Provide Islamic Studies instruction to students with a variety of disabilities, including learning disabilities, intellectual disabilities, emotional disabilities, and physical disabilities.
- Use a variety of teaching methods and materials to meet the needs of all learners that require special needs.
- Assess student progress and adjust IEPs as needed.
- Collaborate with parents and the principals to create a supportive learning environment for all students, while maintaining our Islamic values and traditions.
- Attend and participate in professional development activities.
- Needs to practice patience and be a fun, spirited, and kind individual.
- Must enjoy working with kids and be flexible.
- Bachelor’s degree in Education, Social Sciences, Psychology, Kinesiology, Behavioural Sciences and/or equivalent experience special education in or a related field.
- Experience working with students with disabilities.
- Strong knowledge and experience in ABA techniques, PEER interaction, CBT and or related field of special education laws and regulations.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong knowledge of Islamic values and traditions.
- Excellent data taking and observation skills.
- Able to make modifications, seek alternatives and provide accommodations in class and readily enhance the Islamic education for the student.
- Able to make visual guides, and lesson plans catering to children that are not neurotypical.
Is based on the teacher experience.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to: Alhudaschool@snmc.ca
Only candidates who meet our competency requirements will be contacted. Please apply by: 4 pm, October 18, 2023.