Human Being Objectives under Corona Virus
Dr Emdad Khan, Ottawa
Corona Virus: We as an individual, family, community, and country are all under the control of an invisible micro virus, the most powerful. Alhamdu Lillah, as Muslims after a gap of 3 months, we are now praying in our place of worship, Masjid. It is a trial and test from Allah swt, as He declares:
مَا أَصَابَ مِن مُّصِيبَةٍ فِي الْأَرْضِ وَلَا فِي أَنفُسِكُمْ إِلَّا فِي كِتَابٍ مِّن قَبْلِ أَن نَّبْرَأَهَا ۚ إِنَّ ذَٰلِكَ عَلَى اللَّهِ يَسِيرٌ. al-Hadid: 57.22 No calamity strikes upon the earth or among yourselves except that it is in a register before We bring it into existence – indeed that, for Allah, is easy.
Now our purpose as human beings, we become humble and caring. So, when we will leave this world, we will be pleased with Him and He will be pleased with us. So, Allah swt commands us:
سَابِقُوا إِلَىٰ مَغْفِرَةٍ مِّن رَّبِّكُمْ وَجَنَّةٍ عَرْضُهَا كَعَرْضِ السَّمَاءِ وَالْأَرْضِ أُعِدَّتْ لِلَّذِينَ آمَنُوا بِاللَّهِ وَرُسُلِهِ ۚ ذَٰلِكَ فَضْلُ اللَّهِ يُؤْتِيهِ مَن يَشَاءُ ۚ وَاللَّهُ ذُو الْفَضْلِ الْعَظِيمِ – 57:21
Compete toward forgiveness from your Lord and a Garden whose width is like the width of the heavens and earth, prepared for those who believed in Allah and His messengers. That is the bounty of Allah which He gives to whom He wills, and Allah is the possessor of great bounty.
But in our effort, we get, or not get some thing, Allah says,
لِّكَيْلَا تَأْسَوْا عَلَىٰ مَا فَاتَكُمْ وَلَا تَفْرَحُوا بِمَا آتَاكُمْ ۗ وَاللَّهُ لَا يُحِبُّ كُلَّ مُخْتَالٍ فَخُورٍ -57:23 In order that you not despair over what has passed you and not boastful [in pride] over what He has given you. And Allah does not like everyone self-deluded and boastful
Under corona, we all should have objectives in life:
1) Be Closer to the Almighty, by sacrificing our desires, support the needs of others
2) Take the Quran as our daily friend, read, understand, and ponder & apply in life.
3) Establish five daily prayers with full concentration
4) Pay Zakat to grow and purify our wealth and give as goodly loan to God for the needy, orphans and vulnerable,
5) Forgiveness: pardon, forgive and overlook the people falsely blamed us. If we forgive, we will be relieved of big burden from inside, we will be free from stress.
6) Love of Humanity and no hatred: God created us by His own hands and each one of us has an important purpose to leave behind good legacy. So, we love and accept them. As they are, any faith and any ethnicity, any color.
7) Patience: We know God is with us if we are patient and patience is light. If we are angry, we lost the light and will do some thing wrong.
8) Dua/Supplication: Let us pray for salvation for our parents, forefathers, our children, our next progeny, our relatives, neighbours, all believers for good things in this world and in the next world.