Over 25 children and their parents had great fun on Sunday June 10; packaging and wrapping the Eid packs. Packages are now ready to be given away for Eid. In the spirit of Eid and to share the joy and happiness throughout our city’s neighborhoods, members of our Muslim community with their children will be giving away the Eid packs to their neighbors. If you’d like to distribute the Eid packs during the Eid period to households in your own neighborhood please visit the SNMC office to pick up an Eid pack.
The purpose of this campaign is to be good to our neighbors and to spread the joy and happiness Islam brings in many forms and one of them is Eid. This would be a good chance for us as Muslims to talk about Ramadan and Eid and to answer any questions. We suggest dressing in your ethnic attire and giving the packages away with your children.
We appreciate if the following is observed:
* Every bag has 5 Eid packs. Every Eid pack has an assortment of 5 items. Please hand over 1 Eid pack for every household near you.
* If your neighbor is not home, please don’t leave a pack at their door.
* Always hand the package over to an adult.
* Don’t approach a location that poses any risk. Always be aware of your safety.
* The packages contain chocolate so please keep them in a cool place.
Eid Mubarak to you and your family!