Please download the app to get upto date information about SNMC Iqama times:
SNMC is hiring a full-time caretaker.
More information and to apply please visit https://snmc.ca/ftc/
SNMC Infant and Toddler Islamic program is looking for teachers, if you or anyone you know is interested please apply.
Application submission deadline Sept 5, 2023
To apply please email your resume to email@example.com
Job Description: Teacher (Islamic Program for Toddlers)
SNMC Mosque is seeking a dynamic and engaging teacher to lead its Islamic program for toddlers aged 3-4 years old and infants aged 0-2. The successful candidate will be responsible for teaching the basics of Islam through storytelling and arts & crafts, as well as teaching Quran and the basics of the Arabic alphabet.
- Plan and deliver engaging lessons for toddlers, using storytelling, arts & crafts and other hands-on activities to teach the basics of Islam and the Arabic alphabet.
- Encourage interaction and participation from students, fostering a positive and nurturing environment for learning.
- Create a fun and educational atmosphere for toddlers, promoting their curiosity and love for learning.
- Provide ongoing support to students and their families, addressing any concerns and working with them to achieve their goals.
- Collaborate with other teachers and staff to plan and implement program activities, ensuring a consistent and high-quality educational experience.
- Attend meetings, trainings and other professional development opportunities as required.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Experience working with young children in a teaching or educational setting
- Strong understanding of Islamic teachings and the Arabic alphabet
- Ability to create and lead engaging and interactive lessons
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and collaborate with other teachers and staff
- Ability to maintain a positive and nurturing environment for learning
Working Hours: ~3.5 hours a week
SNMC Youth and High School Muslim Association are pleased to have an I’tikaf night for boys! Let’s recharge ourselves up spiritually before going back to schools.
- Date: Sunday, Sep 3
- Time: After Isha until Fajr
- Ages: 14-18
- Location: SNMC Mosque
- Fees: Free
Limited spots, first come first served. Registration starts on Friday 1 September, 2023 at 10:00 AM Please sign up using the following link: https://forms.office.com/r/fZXrQD1q77
For any questions, feel free to reach out to us at: Instagram: hma.canada
Registration will open on Saturday, Aug 26, 2023 at 12 pm, in-shaa Allah.
Please follow the following link to fill up the registration form:
First Day of School: Saturday, Sept. 16, 2023
- JK, SK and grade 1-8: Sat., 12:00 – 2:30 pm
- Grade 9-12: Sat.,12:30 – 2:30 pm
Student Fee: $250 per child per year, all fees are non-refundable
Location: Michaelle Jean Public School, 11 Claridge Dr., Nepean, K2J 5A3
Limited spots, first come first serve.
Please note that filling up this form does not guarantee your child a spot in the school. We will send an email confirmation of the registration which include instructions on how to make the fee payment. If you do not receive the email confirmation, then your child is on the waiting list.
Position: Quran Teacher for JK, SK, and grades 1-8 for SNMC Alhuda School (located in Michaelle Jean Public School, 11 Claridge Dr., Nepean, K2J 5A3)
- Able to read the Quran with proper Tajweed.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Capable of communicating with fellow teachers, parents and management team through emails.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about teaching Quran.
- Able to simplify ideas when communicating with students.
- Reliable and committed to the agreed upon work schedule, 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm on Saturdays.
- Cooperative and open to constructive feedback.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset.
- Previous employer reference if applicable.
- Prepare and complete lessons according to class schedule.
- Evaluate students’ class work.
- Provide students and parents with academic feedback on students’ development, including progress reports as required.
- Send your resume with a brief cover letter attached to Alhudaschool@snmc.ca. In the cover letter, include all your related teaching/tutoring experience if applicable.
- Only candidates who meet our competency requirements will be contacted.
- Please apply by: 4 pm, August 28, 2023.
Job Type: Part-time, 3 hours per week, on Saturdays, from 12:00 pm to 2:30 pm plus 0.5 hours for class preparation.
Tentative Starting Date: Sept 16, 2023
Salary: $23 per hour