Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this post are those of the writer alone and do not necessarily reflect the views or positions of SNMC.
By Dr. Emdad Khan
Allah swt commands in Surah Al Hujaraat A11
يَـٰٓأَيُّهَا ٱلَّذِينَ ءَامَنُوا۟ لَا يَسْخَرْ قَوْمٌۭ مِّن قَوْمٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُونُوا۟ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُمْ
وَلَا نِسَآءٌۭ مِّن نِّسَآءٍ عَسَىٰٓ أَن يَكُنَّ خَيْرًۭا مِّنْهُنَّ ۖ
وَلَا تَلْمِزُوٓا۟ أَنفُسَكُمْ
وَلَا تَنَابَزُوا۟ بِٱلْأَلْقَـٰبِ ۖ
بِئْسَ ٱلِٱسْمُ ٱلْفُسُوقُ بَعْدَ ٱلْإِيمَـٰنِ ۚ
وَمَن لَّمْ يَتُبْ فَأُو۟لَـٰٓئِكَ هُمُ ٱلظَّـٰلِمُونَ ١١
O believers! Do not let some ˹men˺ ridicule others, they may be better than them, nor let ˹some˺ women ridicule other women, they may be better than them.
Do not defame one another, nor call each other by offensive nicknames.
How evil it is to act rebelliously after having faith!
And whoever does not repent, it is they who are the ˹true˺ wrongdoers.
– Dr. Mustafa Khattab, the Clear Quran
Here Allah swt states 5 things. If we are believers
- men should not ridicule other men, may be those are better,
- women should not ridicule other women, as the others may be better
- we should not insult others or call others by nick name
- The above acts are evil as we are believers
- If we do not repent and seek forgiveness, we become the real wrongdoers
Beautiful 2 story courtyard townhome for sale by SNMC community member.
Just a five minute walk from SNMC Mosque. Detached double car garage, 3 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms. Located in the popular community of Longfields, close to schools, bus routes, shopping, and other amenities.
More information available at
This program is for children and youth with a focus on reading and memorizing the Quran
- Age: 7 (grade 2) and up
- Day and time: Fridays 6:30pm to 7:45pm. Aiming to start on September 16th, 2022
- Location: In person at SNMC center located at 3020 Woodroffe Ave, (as long as COVID conditions permits)
- Fees: $30 non-refundable per year. We will send you how to make the payments once a spot is secured for your child.
We are pleased to announce that the registration for JK, SK and Grades 1-12 for SNMC Alhuda School 2022/2023 in-person learning is now open.
There are three components of the program:
- Arabic Language program
- Arabic Language Credit Course
- Quran & Islamic Education
Please note that there is an Arabic program and Arabic credit courses in the morning and a Quran and Islamic studies classes in the afternoon, each has its own registration forms below.
Arabic Language program:
This program is structured for students enrolled in an Ontario school from kindergarten to Grade 8 and who would like to learn Arabic.
- Time and date: Saturdays 9:30am to 12pm
- Location: Michaelle Jean Public School, 11 Claridge Dr., Nepean, K2J 5A3
The SNMC Muslim Singles Event is back!
Please join us on Sunday September 18th, 2022, at Chapman Mills Community Hall (424 Chapman Mills Drive).
Please register & pay at tinyurl.com/SNMCSingles
LIMITED SPOTS AVAILABLE.
Position: Quran Teacher for JK, SK, and grades 1-8 for SNMC Alhuda School (located in Michaelle Jean Public School, 11 Claridge Dr., Nepean, K2J 5A3)
- Able to read the Quran with proper Tajweed.
- Fluent in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Capable of communicating with fellow teachers, parents and management team through emails.
- Enthusiastic and passionate about teaching Quran.
- Able to simplify ideas when communicating with students
- Reliable and committed to the agreed upon work schedule, 12:30pm to 2:30pm on Saturdays.
- Cooperative and open to constructive feedback.
- Previous teaching experience is an asset.
- Previous employer reference if applicable
- Prepare and complete lessons according to class schedule
- Evaluate students’ class work
- Provide students and parents with academic feedback on students’ development, including progress reports as required
- Send your resume with a brief cover letter attached to Alhudaschool@snmc.ca. In the cover letter, include all your related teaching/tutoring experience if applicable.
- Only candidates who meet our competency requirements will be contacted
- Please apply by: 4 pm, August 26, 2022.
Job Type: Part-time, 2.5 hours per week, on Saturdays, from 12:30 pm to 2:30 pm plus 0.5 hours for class preparation.
Tentative Starting Date: Sept 17, 2022
Salary: $22 per hour
SNMC Youth is pleased to organize SNMC Movie/Trivia Day for children. Registration required.
When: 2-5pm on Sunday Aug 7, 2022
Who: Children age 9-12
Place: SNMC 3020 Woodroffe Ave.
Please fill up the form at the link below. We will send an email confirmation of registration for the first 70 children who register in-sha’ Allah.
Registration link: https://forms.office.com/r/cCuFHTMVP8