Positive thinking is a discipline that trains the human mind to change a perceived reality by repeatedly making positive mental statements. A person practices positive thinking when they derive a positive sense of well-being, optimism, belonging, meaning and/or purpose from being part of and contributing back to something larger and more permanent than themselves.
- Being properly aware of one’s role of a steward on earth: A strong believer is better and more loveable to Allah than a week believer; however, there is good in both…(Muslim/Ibn Majah)
- Being properly aware of the universe (our surrounding) and its challenges including ordeals and afflictions.
- Living in an environment of optimism – being brought up in such an environment.
- Be in the company of optimist individuals.
- Realistic understanding of the true nature of Islam.
- Having the true knowledge of the consequences and what negative thinking can do to us
- One feels more in peace with himself/herself
- One attains the feeling of belonging, security and comfort
- Having more support of others since an optimist performs his/her role as required
- Cohesive community because everyone feels eager to contribute and encouraged (however, when a pessimist turns idle, this may encourage, especially youth, who lack the necessary immunity, to turn idle too
- Prosperous community materially and / administratively
- God’s blessings are with the community
- Tranquillity/peace and progress in the society
- Better Muslim’s image in the larger society